Time to inspire featuring Dolcie Thorpe

Every time we tell our story (our testimony) we give honor and glory to God.
I am glad to have my fellow blogger share her testimony on ClassyTreasure. 
Dolcie, is a Christian blogger & university student living in the United Kingdom.
She has a powerful testimony to share please read her chronicle below and be inspired! 


Growing up I really suffered from self-hate. I mean it was on another level that often times I would just randomly feel suacidal. At such a tender age of 13 I'm already talking about killing myself because of feelings of low worth. A father showing his daughter how a man should love and treat a lady boosts their confidence so, I think it had a lot to do with  my father's minimum involvement in my life. Don't get me wrong my mum was present and she played both roles very well showing me great love but there is something about a father's love that makes you feel complete. That provides a role model of the type of man you would want to marry. 

But I didn't really recieve that from him so there was always a void in my heart that needed to be filled and I tried to fill it myself with things of the world. I would try to become like the girls around me, dress like them behave like them and talk like them because I thought maybe  then maybe someone will notice me and affirm my worth and love me or better yet I will love myself. Not only that but I became such a mean person with a bad attitude and foul mouth who constantly brought other people down to the low point that I was. Getting into fights and daily arguments in school  because I always felt like I had to protect my vulnerability that I didn't want people to see. I did all of that but still felt so empty, unloved and unwanted which led to a dark stage of anxiety and paranoia in my life. I always thought people were talking about me and laughing at me which made it worse!

 But God!!  He picked me up the clay and set my feet upon a rock!! I found a father in Jesus and I've never looked back. He really showed himself to be not only the pillar of my life but my best friend. Knowing him instantly filled that void and healed my pain. He made me trust again and to look at myself through his eyes and understand  that I was his masterpiece, a royal priesthood, the Apple of his eye, his daughter!  The more I loved him the more I loved myself and my character began to change (I'm still a working progress lol). I came to understand that my worth didn't come from the world or others inability to see it, it comes from him and him alone. 

He bought me with such a high price and I refuse to sell myself cheaply to anybody. God really saved me from myself and today I use this testimony to empower other ladies to acknowledge their heavenly worth and walk accordingly. Sis, You can find a friend in him I'm telling you! He will never ever let you down or dissspoint you even when everything and everyone around you does. 
In his arms we are safe. 

Stay blessed, Stay rooted, Stay victorious!

Dolcietee 






Contact 

Blog : https://chroniclesofachurchgirl.wordpress.com/

Email : chroniclesofachurchgirl@gmail.com

Twitterdolcie_thorpe

Facebook: Dolcie Thorpe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram