Time to Inspire Featuring Dajana ''I was a lion trying...''


"I was a lion, trying to live like a mouse"

Shalom! My name is Dajana, I live in the Netherlands and I am a young ambassador of Christ. First of all I want to say thank you for asking me to share my testimony on this blog. I am honored that I get to share my testimony on this amazing blog! 

I was raised with Christian standards, but never really knew Christ and who I was in Him. I come from a place where I didn't know my worth, my true identity. When I was in middle school from 11 - 15 years old ; I was always negative, sad, insecure, mean etc.. I tried to talk a certain a way to fit in, I tried to dress a certain way to fit in, I tried to behave like celebrities to fit in, always looking for attention from people, I tried to be someone I was not. 

I was like a lion, trying to live like a mouse. Going against my true identity and purpose. I used to be that rejected person trying to be accepted by people, trying to fit in, always having my self-perception depended on how people saw me.. I lost my true self and confidence and ran on a road towards no purpose and an empty life.. BUT GOD.. came and changed my life. 

I had a friend who always went to church and I asked her one day how she prayed. I always used to be hungry for God when I was younger because I just knew there was more than just going to church on Christmas and Easter. So when she told me how she used to pray, I started praying like that every night before I went to sleep. Eventhough I didn't know God that well, I always experienced His peace and comfort and that He listened. I was 12 around this time. Two years later I visited her church, a pentecostal church. I had never been to a church like that. You might wonder why it took me two years to visit her church. Well.. my parents didn't want me to go to another church. 

But after two years they allowed me to visit. Little did they know that God would touch me that day so powerfully that I from that day onwards wanted to go to church every week. When I saw how they worshipped Jesus in that church and how much love they had for me I was overwhelmed. From that day on I wanted to go more often to church but, my parents didn't always allow me because they thought it was a different faith. And they didn't want me to become too " extreme" in having faith. (you can never be too extreme in love with Jesus tho!) 

It wasn't until I was 16 that I really understood that not only we can worship God, but that we can have a living relationship with Him, that the more we get to know Him the more we start to look like Him. And in that relationship with Him. He has showed that He is my Creator and that my Value and True identity is IN HIM. That I am beautiful, unique and made for a unique purpose to change something in this generation! He has showed me that I am a QUEEN and that I don't need to talk a certain way, behave a certain way, dress half naked, get attention from many people to fit in, to be accepted, to be worthy. Because HE has already accepted me, HE calls me worthy, He calls me His beloved Child, He calls me to a life WITH PURPOSE. 

And when I started walking in this TRUTH, I started truly living a satisfied life, a happy life, a peaceful life. 
And this is WHY my vision is to inspire and empower people to find out their true identity in Christ, to fulfil their God-given purpose and get the best out of their walk with God.

Because I know how DESTRUCTIVE it is when you don't know who you are and why you were created. All those celebrities and media platforms are molding you into a rejected state, where you will end up being someone you are not. You're not living, you're just existing, going with the flow like a dead fish. 
God has created EVERYONE with a purpose to advance His Kingdom here on earth with the dreams and passions He has given you. God wants YOU to LIVE. Through HIM, I TRULY  started living. Are you next? His arms are always open for you!

And btw concerning my parents now, 
From calling me extreme and too "deep" in having faith and not allowing me to go to church every week, they are encouraging me in my walk with God and are interested in going as well! They have seen the fruits of my relationship with Christ and they also are seeking God daily more and more now.

God is faithful! 
In the times that they didn't let me go to church I kept seeking God, praying, trusting Him, reading the Word and watching Sermons so I kept growing spiritually. That was not in vain! 

Blessings!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram