Resting in God's promise

Hello Family,

I'm sure you are all doing well by God's Grace?
As we've entered a New Year be assured that this is our year of Manifesting His Glory.
This whole week I was thinking and praying about my blog and anytime I would open my bible a verse about rest would come up. Therefore, I decided to enlighten you about God's promise and how to rest in His Name.

As individuals we often tend to believe in our own strength, where we will end up doing a million things at the same time and complain about being tired. But in God we should be having rest both spiritually and physically.
As humans, we all worry about our tomorrow's and future plans because, we are not resting in God's promise. Resting is not the physical, but the rest of our soul.  Jesus did not die for us to suffer, he died so we could have life and have it more abundantly. Where we will be able to rest and relax because we know God is in control.

Most of us, including myself sometimes we want to take control of the situation which will cause us stress and in the end we just become tired. But if you've noticed whenever you do not stress or worry about a situation and hand it over to God, everything just goes smoothly and you begin to rest in God's promise. This is a stage without worry, problems or doubt.

The moment you remove God from the equation (which is not a good idea) you will have a dead situation. Trust me, you will keep living a recycled life. Because, you will keep going without direction and you'll keep facing the same obstacles without any direction.
Without God you don't have a stable foundation.

Hebrews 4:9-11

| 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, [a] just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience |

Listen, you are not resting entirely, you are still working, but you have peace in your work.
There is no stress and no problems. People can't toss you left or right because you know who is steering your ship. We need to all come to a place where no one can tell us otherwise. That's why I love the song ''I need no other argument I need no other plea It is enough that Jesus died  and that he died for me.''  We need to stand firm and move the mountains of fear, dissapointment, unbelief etc. Resting in his promise and knowing that God is in control. Unbelief can be such a dangerous temptation in a Christians life.
The moment you start to lose your faith or sway from your faith, the devil will try and bring you into a situation that will cause you stress in the physical and emotional. But if you know how to reactivate the promise and remind yourself of this promise. You will begin to rest in your situation.

In these recent years I had to learn to give it all to God. I had to learn to push my doubts, fears and disbelief aside. Where now anytime I'm in a situation and disbelief tries to creep in  I just smile and say ''God take control'' the moment you say that you start resting in His promise. Because, you are telling God to take control and let you rest while you are on your way to the promise.

I hope this post has been a blessing.
Please, if you would like me to speak on certain topics do not hesitate to message me.

Stay Blessed,

Tracy




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram