Time to Inspire Tracy Agyei


Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your attention,

Let's get started!

My name is Tracy Agyei and I am 21 years old. I started blogging back in 2013 and I created this blog to reach out to believers. I found joy anytime I encouraged others around me  ''Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing''. 

 However, my relationship with God was put to a test when I decided to turn my life around and move to the United Kingdom from Holland at the age of 18. Even though I believed in (Philippians 4:13) I had my doubts. I always hoped for a job in retail as I loved discovering new fashion trends, help others, etc. however I never got the chance to apply for a job like this in Holland. I cried unto God for months when I came to the UK, but I felt like he didn’t hear me or he didn’t want me to work in retail. So… the next thing I did was just give up

One day I was just browsing on the internet for something and  meanwhile my aunt had been telling me to apply for a vacancy in this store, but anytime I walked in or looked at the people working there I felt like It wasn’t my place, I felt like I wasn’t ‘’qualified’’ or ‘’enough’’ for a job like that. I therefore left it and would look for other jobs which I would just apply for because of the money. But when I came across this vacancy I decided to apply for the position as stockroom assistant doing this I didn’t even have hope I would ever be called. To my surprise, I was called for a telephone interview, which I passed, after that I was invited for a one on one interview.

On the day I met people who were all in top universities and had great education backgrounds and there was I, A girl from the Netherlands with no UK qualification whatsoever I hadn’t even entered college yet, trying to get a job in a multinational retail company known in the United Kingdom what was I thinking? I looked at myself because I wasn’t in the normal black and white business like attire, I wore coloured jeans with a nice bright top, after seeing all these people I was already discouraged because I didn’t look like them. But now when I look back at it God made me dress that way for a certain purpose. After the introduction I was interviewed by a Lady and even though I prepared for the interview I felt like my English wasn’t as ‘’British’’ as they wanted it to be therefore I stood no chance. After the interview the lady said she may have to change my position because I did not look like someone who belonged in the stockroom. God had greater plans. 

After the interview they were supposed to get back to me after 3 weeks, but this never happened, 4 days passed by and I started panicking. As if that wasn’t enough, then 5 weeks came by and I decided to give up and keep on looking. But then I got a call and the lady said it was very difficult for us to decide and there were some good candidates, but you have been chosen and for a different position than you wanted a better one. She said they couldn’t keep me in the stockroom, but I had to be on the shop floor (Matthew 5:16)  And I was confused, I didn’t believe the lady because I didn’t have confidence in myself especially moving from one country to another. Friends who had been in the UK for years looking for a job even got confused and asked me for advice as to how to apply for jobs especially in retail.

I was scared to communicate with people because my English wasn’t up to their standards, anytime they spoke to me in English I wouldn’t understand and imagine answering and question when you don’t know what you are answering. Sometimes I would dodge customers as soon as they made eye contact with me because ‘’something’’ was telling me I couldn’t answer it properly. As an only child, I wasn’t used to being around a lot of people and was always doing things by myself. At a certain point I felt like God wanted me to be a loner forever. But through this Job, I learnt how to communicate better and be open to whoever because I would never know where my blessing would come from. I learnt to be patient with people and encourage others in the process and all of this through one Job.

 To the Glory of God, I will be with this company 3 years this year, and I will also be working with them whilst studying at university. Now even when I’m communicating with customers and tell them I’m Dutch they don’t believe me. It’s the favour of God, I never knew God would favour me in this way, at a certain point I nearly gave up on God and didn’t feel like attending church services. I gave up on my faith because I wasn’t getting a job and as I  moved from Holland things weren’t going the way I expected.  But I didn’t know he was preparing me in the process. He has changed me as a person and my view on life. I am a happier person because I know that if Christ is for me no one can be against me. God has really helped me grow through this Job and I will forever be grateful. He taught me how to stand firm in the midst of the storm. He taught me how to fasten my seat belt when the plane kept on going up and down. He taught me how to pray and focus on him in my time of wilderness. And these key tools will forever be with me.

Don’t give up on God because he will never give up on you. Our test prepares us for our testimony and in Christ our testimony is always glorious. I know that God will continue to use people to be a blessing to others. I believe this blog will be a blessing to you, and will encourage you to keep on going in Life, don’t compare your situation to those of others because we all have a different assignment and are going through different struggles for a reason. 
God has a plan and purpose for you, God loves you!



Stay Blessed

Tracy Agyei - ClassyTreasure

1 Comments

  1. That's Amazing, God has been good to you and I know for sure that He can do for me as well. Thanks for this great inspiring testimony. God bless you for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram